2018 Textron Havoc X Forum

2018 Textron Havoc X Forum (https://www.havocxforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Havoc X Accessories & Add Ons (https://www.havocxforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   Muffler idea. (https://www.havocxforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173)

Line trash 09-29-2018 07:47 PM

Muffler idea.

Thinking about using a single Magnaflow 2.5in 2.5out ×14in long round muffler. Simply cutting of the original muffler and tig welding the new one onto the existing pipe! Thoughts

Ruin 10-03-2018 09:28 AM

Are you doing this just for a different exhaust note? I actually think the Havoc is one of the better sounding machines from factory.

Line trash 10-03-2018 07:12 PM

Maybe I'm thinking wrong, but i figured a Magnaflow would offer a performance upgrade over a stock type muffler. I do agree with you tho, they sound good factory.

4wheelin 10-04-2018 08:51 AM

I don't think you'll really see any gains just by replacing the muffler itself. I know HMF has produced systems specifically for UTV's in the past.

Cadydid 10-05-2018 08:23 AM

The Havoc does have a great sound, but sometimes wish there was a way to reduce the noise and make it quieter without losing anything else.

K-OS 10-05-2018 08:46 AM

It would be nice if there was a switchable baffle of some kind to reduce the noise. I'd be surprised if we didn't start to see hybrid machines of some kind in the coming years.

Rydag 06-04-2019 09:31 AM

I love the sound of the havoc, my friend calls it a hot rod, ha ha.

JJBUR59 06-07-2019 12:39 PM

muffler idea

Quote:

Originally Posted by Line trash (Post 1201)
Thinking about using a single Magnaflow 2.5in 2.5out ×14in long round muffler. Simply cutting of the original muffler and tig welding the new one onto the existing pipe! Thoughts

Look @ dennis kirk. I saw a Supertrapp setup on there,you have to weld on mounting bracket,but they are tune able add or remove discs.Work very well I used one on a Kawasaki brute force worked well had to jet up though

BWDR 06-16-2019 12:06 AM

Speedwerx muffler and clutch kit

I contacted speedwerx and asked them about the availability of there q6 muffler and clutch kit. He stated that there has been little interest so they havent moved forward these items. They do have it listed in their 2019 cat but not in production.

I asked how much interest it would take to produce these. 10 orders and they would get right on it.

The mufflers is lighter and not much louder than stock while offering better flow power and not ugly rusty. The clutch kits are offered for different elevation and tire sizes

as i mentioned above it is in their 2019 cat if anyone is interested.

ruthlessHavoc 06-16-2019 06:35 PM

Thanks for passing on the word. Maybe they can join the forum here and organize a group buy or something? It might help to get the ball rolling even more.