New 2018 - 2018 Textron Havoc X Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By ruthlessHavoc
  • 1 Post By Cadydid

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2020, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

New 2018

Hello forum members, I just put down a deposit on a new 2018 Havoc X. I came to this forum looking for some intel. I have been an off road enthusiast for 35+ years (yes I'm old). I generally ride my KTM bikes or I play around on a KFX 400 quad (my kid's). The snowmobile season in MI keeps getting shorter so I decided it was time for a SxS to play on the wide trails. I set a budget around $10-12K and figured it would be a used Commander or General., because I still want some utility out of it. Then I found a dealer selling this new Havoc X for $12K, and I was intrigued. I am also nervous because I have seen a couple used machines for sale with just a few hundred miles on them. That could mean the machines were lemons or they really disliked them. I would hope to enjoy this Havoc for several years and thousands of miles to come.

Thanks for reading this long post. Any comments or advice is appreciated.
Can't wait to get riding again. Stay Safe and COVID free.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2020, 06:21 PM

Welcome. So far I know electrical issues are a thing. So be on the look out for that.
Timbucktwo likes this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-16-2020, 08:27 AM

Garage
Welcome. IMO these are great rigs, they are trues crossover machines and will play every bit as hard as they work. Where I ride, we can’t get a lot of miles in a single day because of rough terrain and usually clearing trails too. But I bought mine in summer of 2018 when they came out. Two things: make sure that any and all recalls have already been done before you pick it up. Second is to FOLLOW the break in instructions to the letter. The most issues I’ve seen is when folks don’t break it in correctly. It is VERY TEMPTING to just jump in and gun it, but be patient while breaking it in and you will be much happier.

The stock seats kinda suck at first but get better with time. That being said, there are DIY things that can improve them. You will want fender flares as these things will through mud all over you without them. Check the banjo bolts on the breaks lines to verify they are tight. Also check the stabilizer bar bolts for same. That’s about it. Enjoy.
Timbucktwo likes this.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-16-2020, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadydid View Post
Welcome. IMO these are great rigs, they are trues crossover machines and will play every bit as hard as they work. Where I ride, we can’t get a lot of miles in a single day because of rough terrain and usually clearing trails too. But I bought mine in summer of 2018 when they came out. Two things: make sure that any and all recalls have already been done before you pick it up. Second is to FOLLOW the break in instructions to the letter. The most issues I’ve seen is when folks don’t break it in correctly. It is VERY TEMPTING to just jump in and gun it, but be patient while breaking it in and you will be much happier.

The stock seats kinda suck at first but get better with time. That being said, there are DIY things that can improve them. You will want fender flares as these things will through mud all over you without them. Check the banjo bolts on the breaks lines to verify they are tight. Also check the stabilizer bar bolts for same. That’s about it. Enjoy.

Thanks for the input. Salesperson confirmed all recall work done. I will ask for list of work performed. I know about the clutches, A arms and frame crack. Anything else I should know? This dealer is hours away from me, so I hope local AC dealers will service it. I tried to call them, but both are closed during this pandemic. As for riding I have mostly OHV/Snowmobile trails and forest roads near me. I can rack up 100+ miles in a day easy. There are Sand dunes and scramble areas if I want to trailer it. No mountains or rock crawling.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page