What to love or hate about the 2018+ Textron Havoc X? - 2018 Textron Havoc X Forum
 17Likes

post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-28-2018, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Thumbs up What to love or hate about the 2018+ Textron Havoc X?

If you can share a few things about your ownership of the Textron Havoc X, what would it be? The most liked or hated, share them with every one I am sure you won't be the only one.
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-28-2018, 08:06 PM

Garage
Pros. Love that it is unique, has 100hp, great suspension, extended cab, great LCD screen, On-Demand AWD, comes with a winch as standard equipment, great throttle response, and so far is a true crossover and can play on the trails as hard as it works in the field.

Cons. Not so great is no parking/emergency brake (should be on in every SxS, and I also made my own), wish the shifter had visible “notches” to ensure gear position (rather than just straight line), needs better dust/heat protection behind dash and seat, not quite enough leg room (although getting more used to it), better glove box door (this flimsy stock one doesn’t seal for crap), and the marketing says Industry-leading 13” ground clearance (Personally I’d like to see where they are measuring from because even after making some adjustments, I’ve only been able to get 12” in front and 12.5” in back).

Notice that my Con list has explanations next to them which makes it look worse, but it’s not.

Over all, very pleased with the decision to get my 2018 Havoc X. Only issue I had so far was the right-rear CV axel went bad and dealer took care of it. Have enjoyed every mile so far.

PS, I do wish that you could put 30” tires on it without issues or having to do something major to allow it, but that’s just personal. Lol
Franke likes this.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-28-2018, 08:27 PM

Garage
One more thing, why doesn’t it have Turf-mode? Stampede does, Havoc should too. Would have been nice. I was actually surprised that it didn’t because I test drove the Stampede first.
Chief likes this.
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 03:14 PM

Agree on the turf mode!!
Cadydid and Chief like this.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 01:30 PM

Turf mode and separate set of independent brake pedals L&R rear to left of cab floor that also doubled as e brake pedal when out of turf mode like farm tractor would be perfect for slow speed turn on a dime operation imagine the possibility's.
Chief likes this.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 07:48 PM

Garage
A turf mode would be great. To me the Havoc X is a super sport utility vehicle and a switchable front locking differential would be nice just like Textrons Wildcats. Not that the auto locking diff is bad but a controllable locking diff gives the operator a better sense of controlling that machine. For instance a large rocky hill climb or a pitted out mud trail. Todays majority of other manufacturers are going that route on there machines.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 10:21 PM

Garage
I understand people wanting turf mode but personally I am not one of them I am happy with the spool type rear end.
My friend has a ranger with turf mode and I tease him about his golf cart, Ha Ha
I suppose it depends a lot on where you do most of your riding.

Soli Deo Gloria
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 10:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazz26 View Post
A turf mode would be great. To me the Havoc X is a super sport utility vehicle and a switchable front locking differential would be nice just like Textrons Wildcats. Not that the auto locking diff is bad but a controllable locking diff gives the operator a better sense of controlling that machine. For instance a large rocky hill climb or a pitted out mud trail. Todays majority of other manufacturers are going that route on there machines.

I have found that the auto locking front end works way better than I thought it would I am very impressed actually.

In fact when I have been stuck all 4 wheels always spun.
Cadydid, cormad and Chief like this.

Soli Deo Gloria
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazz26 View Post
Indeed and I wonder how much better it can be as certain things trickle down from other vehicles (electric vehicles) and demand for SxS's grows.
Chief likes this.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 08:32 AM

Just picked up a used 18 Havoc x. Agreed on the turf mode. That would have been AWESOME. Also in High range when starting out it is quite "jerky" "clangy" "rattley" "notchy" I don't know how to explain it perfectly but its almost like you are trying to turn on concrete type of "lurchy" even when going straight. Dealer and Cat Rep said it's normal and has to do with the engine braking somehow. Low range it is barely noticeable but high range it is quite distinct.
Chief likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page