What to love or hate about the 2018+ Textron Havoc X? - Page 2 - 2018 Textron Havoc X Forum
 17Likes

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 09:02 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider300 View Post
Just picked up a used 18 Havoc x. Agreed on the turf mode. That would have been AWESOME. Also in High range when starting out it is quite "jerky" "clangy" "rattley" "notchy" I don't know how to explain it perfectly but its almost like you are trying to turn on concrete type of "lurchy" even when going straight. Dealer and Cat Rep said it's normal and has to do with the engine braking somehow. Low range it is barely noticeable but high range it is quite distinct.
Yes, if you are going to barely push the throttle and go slow, put it in LOW. If you want to start in HI, give it gas and it won’t lurch and will just go. But if you are in HI and barely give it gas, it will jerk. It’s about the clutching and engine working together.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-12-2020, 05:58 PM

Garage
Talked to my dealer about the turf mode and he said that in testing they had havocs set up this way, but they were breaking stuff in the rear end with bump up in horsepower over the stampede so they had to switch it to a spool type rear end.
Cadydid and Chief like this.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-17-2020, 05:14 PM

I liked the HAVOC X.

The seating position was not optimal for me.

It is an incredible machine. I had an incredible deal set with the closest dealer which is about 45 minutes away.

I didn't take it not for one particular reason, but a combination.

Seating position
It's too tall to fit in my garage
It's too wide to fit on my trailer
Dealer support in my area isn't very strong.

To be honest I'm not overly impressed with overall durability of any manufacturers out there. Not in the SXS market anyway. I've had incredible experience with quads so far.

I called the dealer and asked if we could work a similar deal on a wildcat sport limited. It's 65 hp vs 100, I'm confident that would work. It fits where I need it to and the style is more in line with the pure sport/non utility that I want. Full doors, EPS, etc. All the necessities.

The price went from $14,000 for the HAVOC X to 17,500 for the Wildcat Sport. Took a little wind out of my sail and I'm kinda back to square one for now. The deal on the Havoc is pretty impressive as far as I'm concerned but I'm not in a hurry, and I don't want to settle if I'm sending that kind of money.

The fact that there are very few used SXS available (especially private owner) in my region isn't making my quest any easier, so for the moment I'm just settling in and keeping an eye on craigslist.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 01:05 PM

Holy crap. I'd say call MLS in Kentucky and get a sport for like $10,000
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 01:07 PM

Ok, right now they have a 2018 Sport XT new for $11,000
Chief likes this.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos321 View Post
Holy crap. I'd say call MLS in Kentucky and get a sport for like $10,000
I checked them out. Temporarily out of stock for the sport model since last week. I could still call them though.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos321 View Post
Ok, right now they have a 2018 Sport XT new for $11,000
I'm looking for the limited but I'll give them a call. Thanks Chaos.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-21-2020, 10:02 PM

No problem
Good luck on your search
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-02-2020, 11:56 AM

I really do like my Havoc but a couple other cons:

- Turning radius is TERRIBLE! Yes I know its an extended cab but still.
- I put a new belt on and that did cure the "jerky" clutch in High range.
- It's loud.
Dealer support SUCKS! Just lost my closest dealer and it's at another dealer over an hour away for over 2 months waiting for a special tool. (fixed that by buying the tool and sent it to the dealer). Why couldn't the dealer have just bought the tool?
No room to put bigger tires on.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-28-2020, 10:37 AM

Put my Havoc to the Test last Weekend. Went Scouting for Elk in Eastern Nv. Very Steep Hills.

Pros: Good Power; Suspension worked great; AWD was nice, only kicked in when needed;

Cons: Excessive Cab Heat, I would assume thats why the Doors have the Triangle openings, which inturn allows tons of dust in off the front tires. Down Hill Braking sucks! I went down several steep hills, had to keep foot on the Gas to keep the clutch engaged (around 3,000 rpms) stared going too fast, so i lightly hit the Brakes, that inturn disengaged the clutch and started going way too fast. Then I hit the Brakes harder and started going sideways. Felt very dangerous, its not natural to keep your foot on the gas and brakes at the same time.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page