New member and 2018 Havoc X owner - 2018 Textron Havoc X Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By MX372
  • 1 Post By MX372

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-22-2020, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

New member and 2018 Havoc X owner

I just made the decision to purchase a new leftover 2018 Havoc X from a dealer about 1.5 hrs. away from me. For the price ($13k) I don't see how I could go wrong, after doing some research and comparisons to other machines (I considered the CF Moto uForce 800 and Polaris General primarily). It appears much better than the uForce (which was about $11k) and for the significantly lower price compared to the General, that leaves alot of extra money for upgrades.

I have not picked it up yet, as the one I purchased was not assembled yet (I looked at the demo unit they had in the showroom, as well as another customer's decked-out one that was in their shop). I go back later this upcoming week to grab it. The one in the shop was heavily customized it appears: steering wheel from a Stamped (shorter depth giving a little more room between the driver and wheel - I sat in it and it is noticeably better, and only about $50!); LED lights front and rear, bumpers, roof, split windshield, larger tires, AJ flares, and likely more that I didn't notice. Nice machine for sure.

After doing some reading and my own observations of the machine, I'm looking to make some mods relatively soon after getting it, in this order I think:

1. Parking brake mod (I may design and fab my own)
2. Snorkel system for the CVT and engine air intakes and all vents (diffs, fuel, etc.) - I will definitely design and fab my own, as I don't like the products I've seen for the Havoc since they go up thru the "extra cab" area floor and I don't want to do that

3. windshield & roof (undecided on split or full ws)
4. fender flares (again, I may fab my own from HDPE or something)
5, Rear bumper
6. Extra LED lighting

I also plan on talking to the dealer about the couple of recalls/TSB's I've seen mentioned as well, to ensure they were completed or addressed, and preferably before I pick it up.

I'm open to suggestions, and look forward to getting this thing dirty!
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-23-2020, 12:11 AM

Garage
Actually sounds like a good list. Congrats on your choice. Still love my HavoCat X.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1F850E68-D89F-491A-B04B-31A41D7E5769.jpeg
Views:	25
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	501  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-28-2020, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Thanks. Your rig looks nice, great job with it.

Dealer said all the recalls/TSBs have been applied, and he seemed to know them all so that should be good. He also mentioned that a Stampede steering wheel will fit in place of the stock one and is shorter (closer to the dash) to give a little more room, so I'll likely do that as well. I'm thinking of going with a full windshield with vents, most likely this one.

I'll try to document all the mods and post them here.

I've noticed the CVT is less jumpy as it breaks in, which is good. So far I'm impressed with this machine overall.
Cadydid likes this.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-28-2020, 06:55 PM

Garage
Yeah, I have the Spike Vented rear window. Really happy with it. 👍😎
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-07-2020, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input. I think I'm going to get the Spike vented front windshield.

A few additional items:

1) the two front center bolts in the bed get quite hot to the touch if you are running the machine for any length of time, or "getting on it" - I notice there is no heat shield in this particular area - the under-bed heat shield does not cover these two bolts. So, I'm going to fab something up here I think.

2) floor is slippery, so I'm thinking about getting the uPol bedliner kit on Amazon and doing bedliner (likely mixed with some additional sandblast media or something to improve the texture/grip). Thought about doing the inside of the bed as well, but I think having extra "grip" is not a good thing on a dump bed. Maybe a bed mat or something? Not sure yet

3) I think I'll move the light switch over to the empty switch area on the left of the steering wheel, then move the winch control over one spot. Extra lights and such can then go in the blanks

4) considering adding a front/rear camera system - I can see this being useful for loading it up in the toyhauler or general off road use, and for backing up on the trail or when doing work and such. Might add side mirrors as well.
Cadydid likes this.

Last edited by MX372; 04-07-2020 at 12:43 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page