Blown Engine ? _ Help please - 2018 Textron Havoc X Forum

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2020, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Blown Engine ? _ Help please

Hey Guys,

I think I may have blown my engine today. Just out for a run today on an old rail line. Nothing hard but I was moving with an average speed of 35 MPH. Just started to make a strange sound and vibrate, The best I could do was limp home at 5MPH until I got a tow. I thought it was a partially blown belt (that's what it felt like). No Codes ! I checked the belt and it is fine.

I've maintained my machine per manufactures guide. Washed after every ride and kept inside.

I'll take it to my dealer tomorrow, It's out of warranty .

Anyone else have engine issues ? 3500 miles on it.

Will Textron do anything ?

Uggg...
Jeff in Ontario
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-27-2020, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormad View Post
Hey Guys,

I think I may have blown my engine today. Just out for a run today on an old rail line. Nothing hard but I was moving with an average speed of 35 MPH. Just started to make a strange sound and vibrate, The best I could do was limp home at 5MPH until I got a tow. I thought it was a partially blown belt (that's what it felt like). No Codes ! I checked the belt and it is fine.

I've maintained my machine per manufactures guide. Washed after every ride and kept inside.

I'll take it to my dealer tomorrow, It's out of warranty .

Anyone else have engine issues ? 3500 miles on it.

Will Textron do anything ?

Uggg...
Jeff in Ontario
Assume it is running ragged not moving also? I'd start with basics and pull valve covers off check for anything broken valve springs rocker arms chain tensioner guides ect. Run. A compassion test and see what you get.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2020, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Update

Hey Guys...Update
This what I just posted on the Facebook Page

Hey Guys,
I really need your help ! My machine is at the dealer and we think it has a blown engine. Just starting to diagnose it.
Last ride I was out for about three hours with no issue and then it started to make a loud noise and lost power. I thought I blew a belt. Ended up getting towed back to my trailer... No Codes at the start.
Dealer has now looked at it and said there was NO oil in the reservoir and they only drained about 1 - 1.5 liters out of it. This does not make sense in any way !! It was about 3000 miles on it and I've completed 3 oil changes so far and can't remember the exact date or mileage but I know I've driven it a fair bit after the last change. I'm fairly anal with my maintenance so I know I put the correct amount back in.
It is stored in my garage with no stains on the floor and when the underpan was removed it also had no stains.
Where did it GO ??? could it be trapped in the top end ? They also said there was filings in the oil.
They have reached out to Tech support before they investigate any further.
The only thing I have ever noticed is I once got oil in the air intake/filter after doing a steep bank incline. That was before my last oil change.
New engine is approx $7400Cdn...I am sick to my stomach !!
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2020, 08:04 AM

Most of the oil from the reservoir drains back into the base of the engine. Thats why you have to run it and check just after turning off before it drains back. You dont need a new engine you just need to fix the one you have.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-21-2021, 11:19 AM

Any update? What failed in your engine?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-17-2022, 06:13 PM

Did you sell it or fix it?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2022, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilC84 View Post
Did you sell it or fix it?
I fixed it, MONEY Pit. Too much invested now.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2022, 09:17 AM

Do you recall what let go? Mine imploded last year with 400 miles on it

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page