Water Pump - Page 2 - 2018 Textron Havoc X Forum
 5Likes

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-28-2020, 11:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx700kev View Post
Is that the passenger side of the engine that leaks? Mine leaks too.
Yes, passenger side. There is also a rear diff vent hose that runs over there too and can expel a little of that when hot too.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-08-2021, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Well since I got it back I've maybe put 100 miles on it. Took it out to gather up a couple trail cameras Saturday while there was a break in the weather....guess what????????? Leaking again. Gonna get ahold of the dealer today and see if they are going to stand behind the work they did just a few months ago.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-31-2021, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

Apparently it was 409 miles. They won't cover it.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-01-2021, 06:29 PM

My leaks AF too! 391 Miles
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-28-2021, 11:03 PM

I had the same issue a few weeks ago. I have a little over 2k on my machine. It was an expensive day as I noticed it leaking about 2 hours after my belt went and had to be replaced on the side of the trail!

Anyhow the dealer said it was a known issue as there was an official notice sent to dealers and it was a different seal they installed now.

Not a fan of them knowing about this and not being willing to cover at least a part of the cost. I'll chalk this up to the 'all machines have issues' and move on because I do really like this machine.
Cadydid likes this.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-2021, 09:43 AM

Question Plug?

I have two of the Havoc x's the first one water pump was done by dealer as part of recall, second one done by myself, pump went out due to me not purging the system well enough after installing a heater.(duh). The first one started leaking again and of course after talking to Webber once they get hot they are toast, so get new pump installed in that one just to have it still leak, come to find out out after a pain staking cotorsion act discovered it was a cracked antifreeze hose plug located behind the oil filter. Just something to check hope it helps someone out. Does anyone know what that port would be for?
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2021, 02:42 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by premix5150 View Post
I have two of the Havoc x's the first one water pump was done by dealer as part of recall, second one done by myself, pump went out due to me not purging the system well enough after installing a heater.(duh). The first one started leaking again and of course after talking to Webber once they get hot they are toast, so get new pump installed in that one just to have it still leak, come to find out out after a pain staking cotorsion act discovered it was a cracked antifreeze hose plug located behind the oil filter. Just something to check hope it helps someone out. Does anyone know what that port would be for?
Do t know what that port is for but sounds like something to check. Thanks for sharing.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-20-2021, 09:20 AM

answer to plug

Talked to Randy at Weber and this motor is used in some snowmobiles overseas called Tungus and the have an option for a external heating source, so apparently the heater makers for this machine do not know this because it would be a better option than having to splice both coolant lines.
Cadydid likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page