Speed Limiter PIN - 2018 Textron Havoc X Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By GearHead86

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-05-2020, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Speed Limiter PIN

Was going thru my diagnostic and wanted to check if there was a speed limiter set, asks for PIN, manual says default is 0000. Doesn't work. How can I reset the PIN #? Also how high does the speedo go? I hit 68 and it felt like it was still picking up speed but 68 still on the speedo. Thanks!
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-06-2020, 03:50 PM

Garage
Not sure about the pin, but you can set it to "max speed" in the cluster. I've seen 75mph and felt like it was still pulling, but ran out of room.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-08-2020, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Was going thru my diagnostic and wanted to check if there was a speed limiter set, asks for PIN, manual says default is 0000. Doesn't work. How can I reset the PIN #? Also how high does the speedo go? I hit 68 and it felt like it was still picking up speed but 68 still on the speedo. Thanks!
Default pin is 0000 not sure how to reset but I can look at the service manual and see if it makes note. Does unhooking the battery do anything for it? As you adjust up you get to 74 and then one more just says MAX so its either 75 or has no limiter aside rev limiter. I have never gone over 68 before letting off!
[email protected] likes this.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-10-2020, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I enter the pin, it just goes back like I didn't enter a pin. Country Cat says I need a dealer to reset the pin. Gotta be a way around spending money just to remove a pin the previous owner put in, if that's the case.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page