4wd indicator - 2018 Textron Havoc X Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-02-2020, 12:52 AM Thread Starter

4wd indicator

I was in the mud the other day, and noticed in deep mudholes that the 4wd indicator would show as 3wd, but all 4 tires were throwing mud. Is there a sensor that gets wet or clogged that causes this? Anyone else have this issue or indication?
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-09-2020, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southeastkyhavoc View Post
I was in the mud the other day, and noticed in deep mudholes that the 4wd indicator would show as 3wd, but all 4 tires were throwing mud. Is there a sensor that gets wet or clogged that causes this? Anyone else have this issue or indication?
The machine in havoc form is either locked rear wheel drive or on demand AWD. The stampede has a electronic locking rear differential and will allow you to be in "3wd" I assume its showing just one of the rear wheels being powered on the LED display?? If so you are either having a display malfunction or the wire that turns on the 3wd icon is getting power somehow. I can look later and see if the wiring diagram shows me what wire would trigger that icon and you could test it at the wire harness behind display.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-09-2020, 11:26 PM

Wire harness that plugs into back of LCD display PIN # C3 Brown/Green should not have power ever. You can cut this wire if you feel comfortable. Open the harness and cut it in a spot you could join back together with a butt connector if you feel necessary. First test it if its live then this will display open rear differential on the LCD. Why it could be live I am not sure look over your wires closely for any damage mice love to chew wires.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-15-2020, 12:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHead86 View Post
Wire harness that plugs into back of LCD display PIN # C3 Brown/Green should not have power ever. You can cut this wire if you feel comfortable. Open the harness and cut it in a spot you could join back together with a butt connector if you feel necessary. First test it if its live then this will display open rear differential on the LCD. Why it could be live I am not sure look over your wires closely for any damage mice love to chew wires.
I appreciate the information. I'll look into it and see if I can track down any damage from mice or any other contributing factors. It seems to only do it while submerged in water or mud. It has happened to me on a couple of occasions while in water and mud midway up the tires...not fully submerged. But all are still spinning when it occurs.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page