Lack of power from single battery? - 2018 Textron Havoc X Forum
 5Likes
  • 2 Post By Dynamicjim2018
  • 1 Post By Ruin
  • 1 Post By K-OS
  • 1 Post By Juice

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Lack of power from single battery?

This isn't my video but just wanted to share it here to see if any of you guys have encountered the same issue. He claims that he has had issues with the battery maintaining a charge over longer periods of time and getting it to turn over. Said with some PTO's that its died outright as well.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 08:54 AM

Benefits of OPTIMA Batteries
Up to 2X Longer Life
Durable construction and high resistance to extreme temperature and vibration are why OPTIMA batteries last up to 2 times longer than ordinary batteries.
Strongest 5-Second Starting Power
OPTIMA batteries deliver a higher level of power to the starter in the critical first 5 seconds of the vehicle starting cycle.
Leak-Proof & Maintenance-Free
Tightly sealed cells allow for mounting in multiple positions without leaking or damaging your vehicle.
Resistant to All Damaging Factors
OPTIMA batteries are corrosion resistant and ideal for all types of weather and temperatures.
Over 15X More Vibration Resistance
Damage from vibration can cause battery failure, but the cells in an OPTIMA battery are tightly compressed to withstand even the most severe vibration conditions.
Glad to see it can be done with two batteries,but my preference would be one optima for less weight and clutter.
Rydag and Cadydid like this.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 11:48 AM

If you plan on adding extra electrical components its always a good idea to upgrade your battery. With the crazy temperatures that we have been seeing lately, you would be crazy not to have your machine hooked up to a tender if its being stored outside.
Cadydid likes this.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 11:07 AM

I think Dynamicjim presents a better solution. I don't know if having two average run of the mill batteries is really going to make much of an improvement when it comes to getting the vehicle to turn over.
Dynamicjim2018 likes this.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 05:39 PM

Owned a few optima batteries in my time and all I can say is they are great.
The only downside are certain batches made during times they've outsources combined with dealers you buy from that might not do due diligence.
Ultimately doing your research on that specific Optima battery model is the only way to know 120% what you're getting.
Trust me, I learned the hard way!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 07:32 PM

What type of issues did you have with optima ?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Even a optima battery will require a tender if you aren't using it for longer periods of time. And their claims that they last longer than a traditionally battery can be really hit or miss. I'm curious to hear if you had actual problems with yours.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheelin View Post
Even a optima battery will require a tender if you aren't using it for longer periods of time. And their claims that they last longer than a traditionally battery can be really hit or miss. I'm curious to hear if you had actual problems with yours.
very true although you will often have more power to play with and thus don't have to worry as much, warranty terms are some of the best as well
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2020, 09:30 PM

Question which optima?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamicjim2018 View Post
Benefits of OPTIMA Batteries
Up to 2X Longer Life
Durable construction and high resistance to extreme temperature and vibration are why OPTIMA batteries last up to 2 times longer than ordinary batteries.
Strongest 5-Second Starting Power
OPTIMA batteries deliver a higher level of power to the starter in the critical first 5 seconds of the vehicle starting cycle.
Leak-Proof & Maintenance-Free
Tightly sealed cells allow for mounting in multiple positions without leaking or damaging your vehicle.
Resistant to All Damaging Factors
OPTIMA batteries are corrosion resistant and ideal for all types of weather and temperatures.
Over 15X More Vibration Resistance
Damage from vibration can cause battery failure, but the cells in an OPTIMA battery are tightly compressed to withstand even the most severe vibration conditions.
Glad to see it can be done with two batteries,but my preference would be one optima for less weight and clutter.

@Dynamicjim2018 what size did you go with, or what is largest that fits with little to no modification. Really trying to avoid a dual battery set up, had one in my Wildcat and it was IMO messy.
mnplumber likes this.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-01-2021, 11:48 AM

Hi....i'd open the breaker box and get some test wires from battery terminals to different circuits in intertwine box to twofold make sure that things work (pull the inside light wire and give the attachment power, do the lights come on? and so on)

I would have suspected start switch yet arch light steers clear of that.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page