Lost Alll Electrical Power @ 70 Miles - 2018 Textron Havoc X Forum
 6Likes
  • 3 Post By JJBUR59
  • 2 Post By ruthlessHavoc
  • 1 Post By JJBUR59

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Lost Alll Electrical Power @ 70 Miles

At 70 miles my Havoc X lost all electrical power and would not charge. This happened after my first long ride. Previous to this I would take it on short rides and all worked well. When it happened I rode it consistently for thirty miles. Shut it off and a half hour later it would not start. In order to start it again the machine had to be jumped. I was not running any accessories at the time nor did I leave the key on.

Took it into the dealer and they replaced the voltage regulator but that did not solve the problem. Textron is now telling them to replace the stator. My concern is if they replace the stator will this happen again or what caused it to happen in the first place.

Has anyone else heard of this happening?
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 08:32 PM

Garage
Uncertain, have not heard of his issue on any of the skits or forums yet. Sounds like either a loose connection, short, or ground issue though. Hope they get it worked out.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 10:05 PM

Hopefully thereís just a simple test on the stator Like starting it up with the regulator removed and attaching a voltage meter to the appropriate wires on the stator and it might put out like 20-70 volts alternating current if working correctly .
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 06:05 AM

Keep us updated please.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 11:03 AM

This is one of the first reports we've seen related to electrical issues, so its probably going to be a bit of trial and error for your dealer.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 11:46 PM

How did this turn out ?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 10:54 AM

Check main ground from battery. I have a stampede 900 & my gauges were flashing on & off i lightly twisted ground cable it was loose,bolt as over torqued head broke right off threads were stuck in frame.it was an easy fix took a self tapping screw like roofers use & drilled into frame in another place. Check all grounds there are 3 under seat near battery.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBUR59 View Post
Check main ground from battery. I have a stampede 900 & my gauges were flashing on & off i lightly twisted ground cable it was loose,bolt as over torqued head broke right off threads were stuck in frame.it was an easy fix took a self tapping screw like roofers use & drilled into frame in another place. Check all grounds there are 3 under seat near battery.
Great advice. With most issues i've had in my own vehicles a lot of them come back to very common and fundamental checks like this.
Dynamicjim2018 and Cadydid like this.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessHavoc View Post
Great advice. With most issues i've had in my own vehicles a lot of them come back to very common and fundamental checks like this.
The service manager @ dealership suggested that one. I had a Kawasaki quad that did something similar, lights dimmed,stalled ,wouldn't take a jump.It was the main ground that time, but not at the frame.It was main wires going to handlebars. That was a real pain to figure out,only did it when turning handlebars.That advice cost me $100.
Cadydid likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page