Body Worries - 2018 Textron Havoc X Forum
 3Likes

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Body Worries

A concern I have with the Havoc XR's body are those extended bolt shanks that's just waiting to impale something in case of a rollover or you could accidentally smash your head on one. Doors are hard to open and close too with you needing to lift it a bit before they close properly. Not sure if the dealer just installed them weird or if it's an actual problem.
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 09:39 AM

I mean if you roll over in any UTV, you're likely to have some injuries. And I think the doors were engineered that way on purpose to prevent them from accidentally opening.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-2018, 10:15 AM

i notice mud stains on black plastic if left on for a few days ,i would see stains after wash.i use gunk stage 2 engine protector and shine removes them and lookslike new plastic when finished.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner View Post
A concern I have with the Havoc XR's body are those extended bolt shanks that's just waiting to impale something in case of a rollover or you could accidentally smash your head on one. Doors are hard to open and close too with you needing to lift it a bit before they close properly. Not sure if the dealer just installed them weird or if it's an actual problem.
When I picked my Havoc up they actually had one in the shop which had a roll over. Some idiot who had never been in one rolled it with his buddy in the passenger side. I was told the driver sustained a few bumps and bruises but the passenger had to get stitches. Either way it appeared to me the roll cage didn't necessarily do it's job as it was severely caved in. I didn't ask how many times he rolled it but the dealership did say it was totaled. After watching that, a few U-tube videos of UTV crashes I'll definitely take it a little bit more on the easy side. I plan on adding a x-link over head and probably an x-link in the rear just to help it hold up in the event of a roll over. At the end of the day I would rather have my passenger and I walk away. You see a Can-Am roll over and the cages stay and protect the riders, from the only 1 I've seen rolled over it did not hold up. Can't say it didn't do it's job, just think it could have done better.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 09:35 AM

If the machine was totalled, than I would imagine that the crash was at fairly high speeds as well. For a roll cage to get that badly damaged, it would've had to have been hit several times.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 09:04 AM

There are a whole bunch of reasons why a roll cage could fail, but so long as it's not a recurring issue, then we know it doesn't have to do with the factory assembly. Reinforcing it could go a long way in putting your mind at ease.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 05:57 PM

I think the biggest mistake people make with getting a new off road vehicle is not giving themselves time to get used to the product.

From experience, once you get a good feel for how it responds, you're far safer and confident under conditions you put these through.
Cadydid likes this.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 02:28 PM

It's pretty easy to get overconfident, and a 100hp engine can quickly get the better of you. I would hope that most people looking at this UTV are coming from another side by side.
Cadydid likes this.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 03:30 PM

IMO its more in the handling and control over it. Throttle is one thing that I found easy to get used to. The steering dynamics coming from a car are vastly different.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 08:57 AM

Agreed. The center of gravity on these machines is quite different, but with practise you'll quickly learn the limitations of the Havoc. Any off road enthusiast should be familiar with their roll over angle.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page