Textron Havoc X vs Polaris General 1000 - 2018 Textron Havoc X Forum
 11Likes

post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Textron Havoc X vs Polaris General 1000

There are a growing number of 1000cc side by sides and one of the main competitors of the Havoc will be Polaris' General. Just wanted to share a breakdown of how they compare on paper.

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 10:22 AM

There are definitely some mixed feelings around Polaris, as there are some people who love them and others who have sworn off the brand altogether. I don't think there are any notorious issues with their machines, just that there are better alternatives out there. The Havoc can tow an additional 500lbs and is a couple grand cheaper than the 1000 Deluxe.
Cadydid likes this.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 10:56 AM

I assume the Polaris Deluxe's aggressive Engine Braking System adds to that high price. But the build quality isn't as good as the Havoc X from all the complaints I've seen. The front and rear fender flares separating from the body, lack insert on hood separating from the white part at the front from body, under seat covers are loose, etc.
The base model may be cheaper than the Havoc, but for a reason.
Cadydid likes this.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 10:36 AM

Came across this video which shows how they fare against one another in a head to head. Really did not expect to see the Havoc towing 18,000 lbs by pulling a pickup hooked up to a trailer. The Polaris General was noted for having better ergonomics and a better low speed ride.
Cadydid likes this.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 11:14 AM

The Polaris General is more of a jack of all trades UTV while the Havoc X can do more in terms of hard labor even if it's not as sporty through the trails. The latter has better low end torque.
Cadydid likes this.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

Textron continues to prove why its one of the frontrunners for UTV's and its a little surprising to see an American company beating out companies who've been in the industry for decades. Since its still relatively new to market however, we'll still need to wait and see if its going the long term reliability offered by its competitors.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 11:17 AM

They may need to give dealers incentive to push the Havoc X as well because it's not as well known as Polaris. People may shy away from it in favor of the more well known brands even if I personally think it's the better machine of the two when it comes to work use.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 10:13 AM

The Havoc is definitely a segment leader in terms of raw performance, and the Arctic Cat UTV lineup has proven itself to be a reliable platform. Seeing as how they probably share a good deal of components, I would imagine the Havoc to be no different.
Cadydid likes this.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 12:51 AM

I really wanted to buy a general deluxe but both dealers in my city refused to bring one in or couldnt get there hands on one ! After comparing the havoc to the deluxe general that my buddy has. Havoc is twice the machine in quality work and performance hands down ! Owned a rzr 800 turbo till the havoc and never regretted switching to havoc
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 01:06 AM

And the closest match to check for quality and longevity would be the bad boy line up with the Stampede 800 that Textron acquired a years past. The Havoc is a direct upgrade of that machine not the artic cat line up !as far as I can tell anyhow . Just a 800 Stampede on steroids to directly compete with the general.
MudRunner and Cadydid like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page