Textron Havoc X vs Polaris General 1000 - Page 2 - 2018 Textron Havoc X Forum
 11Likes

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 11:20 AM

Was looking at the General as well but never go t around to purchasing one and I'm thankful for my procrastination. Now there's something even better and last I heard, there were a lot of problems with the General like door separation issues. I like my doors intact....
Richi and Cadydid like this.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 12:07 AM

Garage
My friends that I normally ride with both have Polaris rangers so it would not be a fair comparison to a Havoc X, maybe the stampede.

Anyway I have read there was a huge recall with the rzr and ranger due to them setting on fire, in fact at least three unfortunate people died because they tipped over and were trapped and burned to death.

We like to tease and bug each other about our machines but this fire issue is something to warn others about. I think they recalled over 300,000 units. I know they had to pay one law suit for 27 million.

We all need to be careful no matter what we ride.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	08-1003658491+1POLARIS.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	365  
Dynamicjim2018 and Cadydid like this.

Soli Deo Gloria
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 12:28 AM

Looks like Polaris is releasing a new General model that's aimed squarely at the market addressed by the Havoc X. Their General 1000 XP will have more ground clearance, width, wheelbase, and suspension travel via new wider, offset high-clearance A-Arms, Walker Evans Velocity shocks, and larger tires. Specs largely mirror the '18 Havoc X (but with Walker Evans Velocity rather than King shocks). Looks like a good unit. **** pricey at $22,495 starting MSRP. A number of Youtube vids are popping up, including the official Polaris release vid.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 11:04 AM

According to this article, the Havoc X and Havoc Bac Country models are disconued for 2020. I hope they are mistaken. The base 2020 Havoc pictured in the article looks to have Stampede A-arms rather than the Havoc pieces......at least to my eye.

https://utvactionmag.com/2020-arctic-cat-havoc/amp/

Last edited by The_Eccentric; 11-08-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page