• 2 Post By mnplumber
  • 1 Post By Cadydid
  • 1 Post By mnplumber
  • 2 Post By mnplumber
  • 1 Post By mnplumber
  • 1 Post By Cadydid

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Wildcat trail seats into havoc x

So prp told me this can’t be done as the seats are machine specific. Never tell a man something can’t be done as he will find a way to make it happen. The prp seats come with sliders as does the havoc x. After a few hours of messing around with the seats and bases and sliders I determined the prp slider needed to go as it raised the seat to much and changing the factory seat mount was to involved. I got a seat mounted to the factory base and installed in the machine. Removed the harness bar and harness bar brackets that go to the seat belt bracket. We set the harness bar on a set of jack stands and did some measurements and found that 3” is what the bar needs to be moved back so the seat and be slid all the way back. Called a friend who welds and fabs and we are now getting the bar mount plate work done. Once that gets back we will mount the bar and find a new way to mount the braces. Prp makes a harness bar for the stampede and we are planning on using similar braces. The stampede one mounts to the 4 bolts in the middle of the extended cab. The mounting tabs for the harnesses don’t line up the best so we will be removing them and just mounting the harnesses around the tube like was done on my trail harness bar. Once I get the bar back from fab and installed I will get some pictures and keep everyone in the loop. The bar will get powder coated black and if I ever sell the machine a new bar is only like 60 dollars so I’m not worried about that. Look for more updates as time allows and the parts come back.
Dynamicjim2018 and Cadydid like this.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 07:32 AM

Garage
Does the harness bar behind the seat actually DO anything structurally? I have read about a few people that have just removed them. At the moment, I actually have a set of Dragonfire three inch harness that I have not installed yet, and I am fine with my regular seat belts. If I don’t decide to install the harness, can I just take the bar behind the seats out? Just curious.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 07:38 AM

Garage
My above question is because I already modified and installed XX seats in my HavoCat. And the top of the seats hits the bar. If I remove the bar, I can move th seats back another 1-1/2”-2” for more legroom. If I decided to install the harnesses, I can either make an extension or fab a new bar behind seat to mount them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	82F07512-9F67-4282-AFEA-AFFA5E7418D5.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	227.7 KB
ID:	477   Click image for larger version

Name:	D0979957-D090-40CB-BB19-9C54CB3213B9.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	257.7 KB
ID:	479  
Dynamicjim2018 likes this.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

I’m not sure if the bar is structural or not. Also not even sure about the braces that are there either. I hated the factory belts in my trail and they don’t work well with the design of the seats I have. My guess would be just fab up an extension for the bar as it won’t hurt to have the extra support in the cage. That bar is only about 60 dollars so you can always replace it if you decided to change it back to stock.
Cadydid likes this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

I got the bar back and the shop did not actually cut the mounting tabs off and weld on new ones. They made and bent up extension brackets that extended the bar back 3” that I need to clear the prp seats. I have to do a little grinding on them as the piece that is bent for strength hits the seat in the all the way back position. We will be able to use the original braces that go from the bar to the seat belt mounting bracket by making a couple 1.75 spacers and longer bolt to go through the spacer. Those will get made in the next day or two and then we will test fit one more time and get everything coated then mounted. Once things are all ready to go back together I will take many pictures and update everyone.
Dynamicjim2018 and Cadydid like this.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Just got word my final pieces will be done today then I just have to find time to finish reassembly of the bar and seats. Going to be really nice here starting tomorrow into next week. Saturday I’m busy but Sunday I’m going to be mounting e track in my trailer I needed being the havoc is so tall compared to the trail I had. Luckily my dad brought home his prowler crew so I ca use that as a second machine for setting up the trailer for tying down machines. I have an open trailer as well but sometimes the enclosed is nicer so we can change out of our dirty clothes when we do day trips and don’t have any place to change once back to the truck.
Cadydid likes this.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 05:38 PM

Garage
Will be very interested in seeing some pictures of the bars and seats when complete. 👍😎
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

Well the day came yesterday and with the crap weather I decided to stay home and finish the havoc seat upgrade. Harness bar was moved back 3” but I was able to reuse all the mounting brackets and bolts other then where I needed more bolts or longer. It turned out great and while I lost some room in the extended cab I’m not that worried being I have a box to carry stuff and the tool box. I am trying to figure out how to load pictures for you guys but I’m not having any luck. If someone can help me out that would be great.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 11:34 PM

Garage
To load a picture, make sure you’re in advanced reply mode. Scroll down to manage attachments, select upload file, then submit, then close this window. Should fix you up.
mnplumber likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page