p1014 and p1022 codes - 2018 Textron Havoc X Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By CraigA

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2020, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

p1014 and p1022 codes

Anyone have any idea what these codes are.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2020, 12:28 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigA View Post
Anyone have any idea what these codes are.
I had both those codes pop up shortly after bringing it home back in summer 2018. I cleared them and they have never come back. No issues either.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2020, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

P1014 and p1022 codes and four wheel drive

I cleared the codes. I now have a wrench on the display screen. Do you have any problems with it starting out in 4WD when it is in 2WD. i am going to replace the switch. Every so often I get a p0073 when I switch and the display goes black for just a second.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2020, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigA View Post
I cleared the codes. I now have a wrench on the display screen. Do you have any problems with it starting out in 4WD when it is in 2WD. i am going to replace the switch. Every so often I get a p0073 when I switch and the display goes black for just a second.
I believe when the oil or plugs are due to be replaced you get the wrench icon. Make sure you perform the maintenance and reset the oil life and or plug life.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2020, 02:24 PM

Garage
The wrench icon usually means time for a service.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2020, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

Well whatever it was it finally gave out. Power steering stopped working, stuck in four wheel drive when in 2wd, display going on and off. Back to the shop for the 10th time since ownership. Just thankful for a understanding staff at artic cat and the warranty. Its time to say good bye to this machine. I called artic cat main office to see if they would extend warranty out since they have had it more than I have. This was a lengthy phone call but no response. Any thoughts on hondas new machines.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-30-2020, 03:04 PM

Garage
Sorry to hear it. The blinking of dash and lights usually means the grounds need to be cleaned. There are three grounds on this rig, and most of them still have paint under them. Sad they donít catch during setup. The loss of power steering is usually a cube type fuse under front of drivers seat. But I hear good reviews so far on the Honda Talon.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-02-2020, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

I already addressed the grounds. Took all of them off and ground the paint off. The shop just called yesterday. They found oil in the stator. All the pins in the plugs were checked and all good. Ordered the seal for the leaking front axle again and should be ready in the next few days. Like i said they are happy to see me just not with that machine.
Cadydid likes this.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-07-2020, 03:30 PM

Garage
Hope they get you fixed up and that is the end of your issues. Still think this is a great rig. 😎👍
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-19-2020, 11:34 PM

@ CraigA - if you are looking to get a new machine, I'd actually recommend the Kawasaki KRX1000 over the Talon. The KRX has one of the best suspension designs in the industry, and the Talon the worst (well, in the rear anyway). Go to YT and watch Shock Therapy vids for details on this. When I'm ready to get a pure sports SxS, it'll either be a Maverick X3 or the KRX (well, unless something better comes out).

I'm happy with the machine so far, even though I did have some PDI issues I caught when I brought it home. In the dealer's defense though, I bought it right before the COVID shut down occurred and they were in a rush to get it ready for me before the shutdown.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page