oil seal for output shaft - 2018 Textron Havoc X Forum
 5Likes
  • 2 Post By dont73
  • 2 Post By dont73
  • 1 Post By dont73

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

oil seal for output shaft

So somehow something (a stick or something) got up over the skid plate and jammed against the oil seal forcing in one side causing the other side to pop out a bit. It did not break the skid plate at all it's barely got any marks on it. All oil from the diff ended up on my garage floor.

I spent a couple hours researching this last night and found that part is not shown on any diagrams or parts lists I could find, but I did find some online that look the same. I contacted a couple dealers this morning and they do not have that part listed on their systems either so they had to send pictures to Cat tech support for help...hoping to hear back tomorrow.

I'm going to start working on it tonight to pull off the prop shaft and pull that seal out to measure it, just wondering if anyone has any experience with this part and can confirm the dimensions. I'd like to get it ordered today even if I'm not able to get it out tonight to measure myself as I need to get this thing repaired as I plan to use it at the moose camp in a few weekends.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-09-30 15_39_09-2018 Textron Off Road HAVOC X EPS MEDIUM GREEN (U2018HAX1SUSS) Propeller Sha.png
Views:	30
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	485  
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 06:02 PM

I bet that is the same seal I just had replaced by the dealer when they had it apart for other issues. They seen the seal seeping and just replaced it since it was apart.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

So the dealer got back to me - it's the same seal that's on the front diff, part# H654228 for $10 through the dealer. Odd that none of the diagrams or parts lists I can find, or those the dealer has shows this for either the front or rear diff.

Anyway I'm going to have him order it for me I'll be back to report on the results after I replace it good or bad.
Dynamicjim2018 and Cadydid like this.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 12:16 AM

Wonder if a parts breakdown of engine ,trans,diffs will ever be available .Is the seal number articat number or textron?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

After a lot of digging I found this here for the engine. They do show the part I need there as part of the crankcase diagram/parts list but under a different part number. When I searched it I did find it online as an oil seal but not sure if it's the right one. When the one I ordered comes in I'll measure to see if the dimensions match.

BTW the one I ordered was under Cat and not Textron.
Dynamicjim2018 and Cadydid like this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 12:38 AM

I seen weber site once before they only have 750 atv engine listed not the havocx,very pricey parts.Not sure whats interchangable with havocx.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Forgot to update this earlier. The oil seal I ordered was the correct one and other than getting the drive shaft off the spindle at the front the job was pretty easy. Adding gear oil in the lower fill hole was pretty easy but the upper one (through speed sensor hole) was a pain - next time I'll remove the box. It's been tested hard since I did the job and I have no issues. I am going to make myself some covers to go over a couple of the bigger openings in the skid plate though to avoid this happening again.
Cadydid likes this.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 08:07 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dont73 View Post
Forgot to update this earlier. The oil seal I ordered was the correct one and other than getting the drive shaft off the spindle at the front the job was pretty easy. Adding gear oil in the lower fill hole was pretty easy but the upper one (through speed sensor hole) was a pain - next time I'll remove the box. It's been tested hard since I did the job and I have no issues. I am going to make myself some covers to go over a couple of the bigger openings in the skid plate though to avoid this happening again.
Great to hear you got it done. Thanks for the information as well. I see you added the part number in a previous post in case anyone else has this issue in the future. Enjoy. 😎👍

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page